• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEED HELP P4C800-E Deluxe!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woozy

Last night I left the computer on as I always do to Fold. I had AOL, AIM, and DVD movie on. I fell asleep woke up dismoring with everythign ok. I used the switch user xp logon screen. Went back to sleep. Woke up an hour later with the computer beeping looking for bois update. I shut off the computer. Turned the computer on and it loaded a black screen and displaying Bad bois check sum, bois recovery started. Then it trys checkign A drive and CD rom drive for bois recovery. But I don't have the CD for the motherboard anymore. Plus I need ot make an boot recovery for the bois but I dont know how. Please Help.

just make like a floppy for bios update. Make bootable floppy and copy bios and aflush to the floppy.

Try clearing cmos your problem might go away if you do so since it worked before.

If clearing the cmos involves me taking the battery out for 30 minutes done that with the power cord unplugged. I got same error. My only problem I have no idea how to make a bootable bois from the A drive using windows XP. I have both updated bois and untliy tool from asus web site just dont know what else to do? Please Help!

Take a floppy and right click to format, then choose the option to make a bootable disk on the menu - a little check box..

Once it's complete, add the bios and awdflash to the floppy and reboot - take note of the bios name.

Nope did not work, I even did what the manual said to do. So off to asus the motherboard to get fixed or replaced. :(

Here's an easy way to restore your BIOS:
Go to http://www.asus.com/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=P4C800-E Deluxe&Type=Latest & download the BIOS (1019 would be good) to a floppy. After you've downloaded the BIOS file Rename it to P4C800ED.ROM . Pop the floppy into your drive & start the comp. During POST hit Alt + F2. this will launch the BIOS EZ Flash. It will then look for the floppy with the file P4C800ED.ROM & when it finds the file it will proceed to flash the BIOS. After the flash is completed, reboot & hit delete to enter the BIOS Setup & set all your parameters. Good Luck & Have fun!!

Yea if you read my post you would have read I did that and it did not work. :) So off to ASUS my motherboard went.

Back