• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power supply for a vapochill

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vento1

Have just treated myself to a Vapochill XEII (intel socket lga 775) would like some views & sugestions on a power supply, will be using for games & running seti.

PCP&C 510 runs my Mach II, system, water pump, all that with rock solid rails. Little pricey, but worth the money.

Sucka said:
PCP&C 510 runs my Mach II, system, water pump, all that with rock solid rails. Little pricey, but worth the money.
mach's dont draw that much power from the PSU. that molex acts mainly as a sensor for whether the comp is powered up or not. note how the lcd and control system run when the psu is off, they run off the mach's seperate power line.
im not sure if the XEII runs on its own line or the psu...

hawtrawkr said:
pretty sure all the vapochills except the ls run off the psu that powers the mobo and everything else.
yeah, that's what i thought, that's why i suggested the heavier supplies...

nah the xeII uses its own powersupply so no real need for a big time heavy hitter. I must say though that since i got an ocz600 I'd never use anything else. They really are that much better.

snvpa said:
nah the xeII uses its own powersupply so no real need for a big time heavy hitter. I must say though that since i got an ocz600 I'd never use anything else. They really are that much better.
in that case, something like a fortron 530 should be fine if you dont want to put out the big $$ for a supply.

Thanks For the replies, the XEII that i have runs off the ATX power supply it needs 12A on the 12 volt line this line also must not drop below 9.6 volts at any time acording to there manual

I will see about getting a pcp&c 510 once again thanks.

Actually i am wrong & SNVPA is correct they sent me the wrong vapochill
the XEII does have its own power supply.

Back