• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vGPU modded X850XT PE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bobmanfoo

Disabled
1.42v - 600mhz (stock V)
1.51v - 635mhz
1.60v - 660mhz

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 1,535
Yummy :p

I just had mine modded, really a great upgrade for those thinking about it. I'm pushing well over 1.6v though. :thup:

bobmanfoo said:
whats the max safe voltage?

Under my water, i've had mine up to 1.8v+ while benching, staying under 32C. I run at 1.7v for daily use, temps are still only around 28C. When i bench i'm at least at 1.75v+. I think most would say somewhere between 1.7-1.75v would be "safe" for water under daily use. I always push my hardware to the max, i've been lucky so far :p

ovp around 1.9v i think? I know on mine it didn't need the ovp mod, it would hardlock before it reached that point.

my load temp is 49C w/ 1.6v :-/ what woud you recommend max 24/7 voltage?

edit: load temp at 1.6v is 52C, 1.7v is 55C.... back up to around stock cooling and volt temps

Last edited:
bobmanfoo said:
my load temp is 49C w/ 1.6v :-/ what woud you recommend max 24/7 voltage?

Sorry, i was stating idle voltages. My load was still under 40C though, i'll look into that for you later.

If you're happy with your clock, i would just leave it. If it were me, i would pump at least 1.7v into it. If nothing else, at least test it, see what kind of clocks it will give you. Even 1.65v would be more than safe for decent water.

hehehehe...be right back

edit:
doing 680mhz 1.7v woooooot

k thats enough for today, gunna run 1.6v 24/7, 650 on the core is plenty fast

Last edited:
I wanna voltmod my Powercolor X850XT to!! =P
How?
Can somebody help me with a good guide to my card?

Thx

Edit: Found it in the forum....hey..sorry! :beer:
But I don't think I can do it anyway...I think I suck in this... :bang head

Last edited:
no guide needed really, just solder on a 10k or 20k ohm VR to the two blue points, before powering up make use that the VR is set at max resistance, it might be a little hard because the area you are working with is extremely tight

Attachments

• points.jpg
    points.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 390
Blackmage said:
Did You Try 1.9V @700mhz

That was actually a poor attempt at humor on my part. I would never recommend actually putting 1.9 volts through the core on that card. Im pretty sure bob understands that.....I hope hehe :D

AC

lol, i might be a little crazy but im not that dumb, 1.9V on my dinky WCing will never happen, im pretty sure it will crash anyway, maybe when i get a pelt like AdRock said i might give that a try

Back