• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forceware 75.90 - A must try for 6X00 cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it gave me extra options in the control panel that were absent from previous versions...
temps still high, though.

bobmanfoo said:
thats strange that you crash in 3dm05, you sure its not your OC? i've never had problem wtih 7x.xx and stability, but i had a 6800LtdEd/ULtra

Same OC as in the 6x.xx drivers and no crash there

Needitcooler said:
I have tried all the 7x.xx series of drivers, and I keep finding myself going back to 67.03. I really like those the best so far. They don't raise my temps, they don't make the water yellow in HL2, and they don't have corrupted textures in KOTOR2.

Yeah, if RCT3 crashes, which I'm about to test now, then I'm going back too

I just tried them on my FX5700LE. I got ~1000 points more in 3DMark01SE than I did with the 56.72 drivers, but still lower than with 66.93. I also think the temps raised, because I am now getting artifacts that I was not getting with the 66.93 ones at the same speed.
Of course, this was with an FX series card, so it may not apply to the 6 series.

havn't try benchmarking yet.

temp did went up by 7 degrees. not sure if this is a glitch or temp issue. will update more later.

Well, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 DID NOT crash, whoooohooo.....but it DID artifact the first time I played, but only a couple speckles when zoomed way out. When I reloaded the game, no artifacts at all.

These drivers increased my 3dmark5 score by 300points. I saw no real noticable change in HL2 tdm play but I usually have more issues with ping than with fps. After enabling coolbits I detected optimum settings and my screen started flickering like a strobe light (LOL), it did detect similar OC as before.
Windowing a graphics demo and monitoring the temp sensor it peaked and held at about 58C which was 3 degrees lower than previously tested.

I'll probably stick with these drivers unless a stability issue arrises.

crimedog said:
i am going back to 66.93, man do i hate nV drivers...

i get terrible shimmering in grass etc in CS:S, no increase in temps

I'm not sure its call shimmering, but i do get some wierd artifacts in grass in CS:s with any forceware driver above 71.xx. I thought I am the only one getting it.

I guess I will go back to 66.93 like you did.

all i know is i upped from 66.93 to the 71.81's.... and was able to up my overclock, had less heat, and guess what... its faster now than it was when i had it previously overclocked and UNLOCKED the extra pipes and v-unit on my 6800. Man... I still have yet to try pushing it. If these drivers are this good, i may have myself one heck of a gem on my hands with this Albatron 6800

Thanks dude these drivers are great my games run a little smoother and I see a big difference in image quality in fs2004 and gta vice city. I dont know about the temp sensor bug thing my temps are the same as with my old drivers anyway thanks again.

TollhouseFrank said:
all i know is i upped from 66.93 to the 71.81's.... and was able to up my overclock, had less heat, and guess what... its faster now than it was when i had it previously overclocked and UNLOCKED the extra pipes and v-unit on my 6800. Man... I still have yet to try pushing it. If these drivers are this good, i may have myself one heck of a gem on my hands with this Albatron 6800

Are you saying you COULDN'T unlock them with other drivers? I ask because I'm having trouble unlocking the pipes in my 6200.

Looks like the shimmering bug IS fixed in this release. At least as much as I could verify with 3dmark05. It was always appreant on the dragons textures. I'm impressed with the improved IQ and the support of Open GL 2.0 is great.

I'll do some game play before I draw my final conculsion but so far so good.

Back