• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

graphics card quandry x800pro x800xl

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so there you have it, im pretty sure if you got a power connector on that thing and feed it more volts or the same amount as the XT it would perform like one

one theory would be :

manufacturers give their XL cores the least possible amount of voltage.
If they would easily overclock to ~475MHz sales on the higher rated cards like the XT and the pro would go down. That's something the don't want to happen of course.

I can see the headline on ebay: "Ati X800XL Pro XT PE at 500MHz"
hand selected overclocked XLs and crap.
Well.. just some thoughts.

// sorry for being semi off topic

Lifthanger said:
check out post #59 and the following
link
core:400@476
mem:500@579
on MCW50-T

this is without a powerconnector
I saw that. So an X800XL with a peltier performs a little worse than an X800 Pro on air.

I'm thinking its the new manufacturing process. Name one time in the history of computing when a die-shrink went 100% smoothly.

Also, my card does a solid 595 without the voltmod.

I just wanted to answer the question above because initially everyone thought this card is powerstarved.
Looking at the consumed wattage, I'd also say that this die shrink didn't went perfekt.

NinjaZX6R said:
I was about to ask the same exact question. Someone answer him PLEASE! :)

-Collin-
Why exactly are you looking for a new card if I may ask? 6800GT's on average seem to top both, or at least come real close.

This is all well and good but please keep in mind that I am not interested in maximum overclock, only mild one if that. This thread should be what would my money be better spent on, a car with 16 pipes stock or one that has a chance of 16 and increased performance but a chance it won't either?

However, since the XL supposedly doesn't clock very well, should I take it as far as possible with the silencer, then the pro might be the better choice, especially if it flashes to an xtpe. I just wish I could find a used one for sale but they are too new I guess.

Hehe dude, does this count as "rivaling" yout clocks?

superx800.JPG

ATiTool threw it into the 670's, then crashed, this looks stable, still very tentative, but exciting for me at least. 1.575 vgpu on air.

Have tried and failed :(

I'll settle for the quickest x800pro on the forums for now though. :D

175mhz overclock...not something you see every day...

Perhaps in my dreams I'll get to torture a card like yours. :thup:

Yeah did try that initially in fact, 0% chance without the hardmod, but its a no-go. Late model BBATi, no chance at all. :-/

dont order the best oc card would be the x800 pro vivo its precicely the same as the x800xtpe and can reach a oc of 540 core and 590 mem with stock cooling with the x800xtpe bios flashed to it and ive seen it going for 380$

Well, I did say that I wasn't going to be doing much of an overclock IF ANY. If I got the pro, I'd flash it for all 16 pipes and that would probably be it....

Got a link to that card and can you almost garentee it will flash?

EDIT:
Either of these it?
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...ore_Code=M&Product_Code=190526&AFFIL=FRG&NR=1
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...Sku=P262-3012&SRCCODE=GOOPROD&CMP=OTC-FROOGLE
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...ore_Code=M&Product_Code=190652&AFFIL=FRG&NR=1

*MUST BE PCI-E* Monarch has an "X800 pro vivo AGP" for $400.
The cooler doesn't matter as the card will be getting Tweakmonster ramsinks and either a VGA or ATI silencer, whichever doesn't do the ram...

Last edited:
Back