• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

graphics card quandry x800pro x800xl

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The PCI-E cards have no chance of softmodding from what I've seen. Different animal from the AGP X800 Pro VIVO.

The X800Pro only shines because of its overclockability...if you're not planning to overclock much, X800XL is probably the way to go.

sean478 said:
dont order the best oc card would be the x800 pro vivo its precicely the same as the x800xtpe and can reach a oc of 540 core and 590 mem with stock cooling with the x800xtpe bios flashed to it and ive seen it going for 380$
damn chill man, no need for all of that

its not definite that he can unlock the x800pro nor reach 540/590, and i think hes looking for PCI-E

the price went up alittle from last time i searched but here it is and it is modable u will be able to get at least stock x800xtpe on core and thoes speeds are what this card is designed to run at (it is underclocked) aqs for ram cant tell if it is 1.6ms but u can change the rams clock speed clock for that sitiuation so in the worst case u would cget a card w/520mhz core and 500mhz 2.0ms ram and 540mhz if 1.6ms with out overclocking it it is a insanely better value than the xl

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-465&depa=1

Last edited:
95percent chance of 16 being fine if not there are custom x800xtpe bioses that have 12 pipes so no mater what if u get that card u will end up with a x800xtpe

bobmanfoo said:

Anyone watch Futurama? If so do you remember that one crazy robot that always carries a knife and stabs people?

Yeah felt like him when I read that giant random caps post...

jamesavery22 said:
Anyone watch Futurama? If so do you remember that one crazy robot that always carries a knife and stabs people?

Yeah felt like him when I read that giant random caps post...
lol, i know what u mean

Bah, compusa sold out before I could get one. I am thinking I am just going to get a pro off an online retailer. The costs would be about the same after gas and taxes and seeing the stellar clocks on just air and the reported clocks on newegg's reviews for the ati silencers, I'm going to be happy.

bobmanfoo said:

its not definite that he can unlock the x800pro nor reach 540/590, and i think hes looking for PCI-E

Have to totally agree with you on that. I have a X800Pro Vivo unlocked. Yes it can reach 533 Core/578 Mem stable but thats it on stock voltage. Everyone has different results. My card was one of the first cards out so it could of changed between then and now.

Overall I love my X800Pro, does its job and really don't need to OC it at all in most games because I see little benifit from it (maybe a frame or 2 in some cases). Rather have my card run cooler in games if theres no improvement over it. Then again some games I'll crank it up to 530/570 if I want a boost thats not CPU limited.

Guess this is sort of related. Will the x800xl pci-e and agp version coming out now drive down x800pro prices anytime soon? If it got under 300$ Id bite for a vivo. 9600xt is killin me =(

The XL I don't think is suppose to compete for the X800Pro slot. Besides that currently Pro's clock much higher then the XL's do :( Personally I was hoping more out of the XL's but currently they aren't looking tooo hot, oh well thats what we got next gen cards coming out around the corner :)

Back