• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Program Menu off screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

palee72

Ok.. when I press Start -> All Programs, I have 2 colums of programs. The second (right) menu list has reached the bottom of the screen and I have 2 programs that are "below" the screen (can't be seen).

I know these are supposed to auto cascade.. but I can't figure this one out.. Anyone have any suggestions?

Lee

Ok my advice for this will be dumb because I have never heard of this and well its hard to trouble shoot over the net. Ok first off in say like 600by800 display is it still off the screen? Have you tried dragging thoughs programs up to kind of reset windows managment? Laslty under control panel is scrolling checked?(not even sure if that effects this) is so then maybe checking small icons would help.

I saw this on a computer and it sort of went away by itself. Myabe try putting a couple more shortcuts in it (I think it want away after I installed something). Alternatively, you could turn scrolling the start menu on. Then it will only take up one column and scroll so you can see all the programs. Personally I hate this, but some people like it (and at least you could get to all your programs).

Right click the Start Button | Properties | "Customize" button | "Advanced" tab | Put a check next to "Scroll Programs", or...

Right click the Start Button | Explore All Users | Start Menu | Programs | In the RH pane, create new folders and drag and drop related shortcuts, etc. or...

Rename the longer titles in Start Menu | Programs, thus reducing the width of each column.

Just an FYI..

After installing a new program, it created the next menu window to the right.. everything is fine now.. it's still strange that there were 3 programs that were not able to be seen.. but, its all fixed now..

Gotta love windows....

Lee

Back