• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Value VX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
so is the very first link by bobmanfoo garuenteed WB UTT? or just a chance? And has anyone ordered from atacom.com yet(the first link)?

That link is the one provided by Ryan, whom I believe to be either the owner or at the very least, a principal, of OCZ.

That source is as good as it gets. There is a thread over at XS on this topic and it was indicated there that before too long other retailers would have it. I shouldn't be more than a week or two I would guess.

hey steve this is a really good thing.. i cant tell u how many young guys have told me they simply cant afford 250.00 for a gig of good oc'ing memory.. whoever convinced ryan was real smart..

Yip. OCZ is definately my fave memory company.

Hey Steve can you tell me if the "value" VX stuff is unbinned chips or chips that failed binning for PC3200 & PC4000 VX? Given OCZs rep I'm inclined to think performance will still be impressive with these sticks, but are we guaranteed memory that won't perform at PC3200 VX levels or is it still a gamble there?

Does anyone know if the DFI Lanparty UT nForce3's (for s754) can give memory 3.3v?? Iv been needing a new socket 754 board. (epox sux!) and once i get the new board...i might even get that RAM if i need the speed!

jcw122 said:
Does anyone know if the DFI Lanparty UT nForce3's (for s754) can give memory 3.3v?? Iv been needing a new socket 754 board. (epox sux!) and once i get the new board...i might even get that RAM if i need the speed!

Of course. Provided you have an adjustable unit, the DFI will give you all the volts you need.

deception``

WItha UT NF3-250 you need to mod your Motherboard to use the 5V rail instead of the 3.3v rail for RAM. Its not too difficult, without the MOD, your limited to what your 3.3V rail is doing.... WIth a Powersupply like a OCZ Powersteam you can bump up your 3.3v rail a bit to compensate... but thats risky.

wat kind of speed could u get out of these things? has anyone tested? i just posted one about the 3200 gold vx and i was wondering if i could really get 250-275 out of those things.. how about these? i see alot of ppl saying they are the same chipset just set at value settings.. is it possible to get 250+ with this value ram? saying i bought a hs for them

Yes it's possible to get 250-275Mhz assuming they are what the OCZ reps say they are and I've no reason to doubt their word. To my knowledge nobody has posted results on the OCZ VX value chips yet. They're supposed to be unbinned UTT and that's what I'm using now. They do 270(DDR540) w/ 3.6v.

Back