• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ Value VX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, with the OCZ warranty and guaranteed Winbond ICs it sure appears to be a no-brainer that if you want to eliminate the gamble associated with TwinMOS, this is the way to go.

OCZ strikes back at TwinMOS...

bobmanfoo,

There are two things that I find interesting in the Value VX thread over at XS (linked below).

The first, which I've also quoted, is that OCZ is confirming what chips are used for VX. It is, as we've figured out long ago, UTT Winbond. The quote is from ryanpgroovy, a principal over at OCZ.

"OK guys I noticed that we were making one of our Value PC-3200 products using the same WB die we use in VX , they are only tested for the value spec , but they are super low cost and still come with the OCZ warranty , so basicaly I asked the PM ( product manager) to make a part number that specificed UTT Winbond that had not been speed binned , I would say that that in most cases these should perfoma as well as VX 3200 ( though I cant be certain as they are untested )"

Source:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=54168&page=1&pp=25

The second thing is that ryan mentioned the abundance of chips that they have. I don't think that we need to rush out and buy them up, as there will be plenty to go around.

Wow....

To be honest, I might sell my Twinmos and pick those up!

I've always wanted to own a piece of OCZ, other than the DDR booster.

-Collin-

same with me!
I think I'm going to buy tomorrow when I get paid!

Atacpm must have just restocked more recently. The other retailers will have them soon enough. Very nice find folks!

I'm guessing these must be the 50D UTT chips for the price point these rams are selling at?

Thanks steve
I'll wait until some"better" sellers carry this ram
does ocz use these chips in other ram besides the vx extreme volts series?
thanks
kkat

steve isn't she a friend from canada or something?
it is funny that ppl wanting to know who the girl is can become thread in itself lol
but seriously... mtb856 and the rest of us must know lol

KKAT said:
steve isn't she a friend from canada or something?
it is funny that ppl wanting to know who the girl is can become thread in itself lol
but seriously... mtb856 and the rest of us must know lol

Yes. I'd post the full pic but I think that larva would chop off my hands for an off topic pos (just kidding ;))

I heard they may have gone into some other sticks in the pc3200 level, but I didn't hear much more than that

welcome to the forums
huey said:
Whats the best mobos for a64 to accompany this ram?

the best mobo would be the new nforce4 series from dfi in my opinion, it has a bunch of tweeks including up to 4 volts for the ram..

Back