• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Air temp increase though heatercore.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunrunner20

Masta Tweeka!
About how many degree’s C will the air that I am pushing though my 2-302 be if I am dumping ~200w (presscott+6800U) into my loop?
Extra note: my average ROOM ambient is ~24C

I can't tell you how hot the air will get, but I can tell you that the air comming out of the rad with the CPU at load is pretty damn hot, almost feels like a heater, hell it does heat the room pretty well if I leave it like that for an hour or so. yeah if the air gets hot leaving the rad, it means your rad/fan are doing their job. why are you asking?

Depends on how much air flow you have going through it. With that sized core and if you have decent fans I would guess maybe in the 5° above ambient range, weaker fans possibly as high as 10°.

Yep, it depends too much on flow, air and water, actual load on the cpu because you're not always dumping that much. The only way to find out is get a probe in there. If you're worried about case temps, just stick a probe in there near the area you're concerned about.

Anyways, I would definately say right between that 5-10C. With weaker fans, certainly could even go over 10C diff.

bah screw the formulas! it will be in (Like the rest have said) direct perportion load Vs airT in. My system under max load with the fans off for a bit:
47C+ (the highest I can get the temps to with the fans off) -1C ; +3C Out side temps.
When I turn the fans on, the air comming in to the house through the rad is apx 2 -5C+ ; 5 -7C+, nice and warm feeling. REMEMBER this is after my WHOLE LOOP is 47CELSIUS +++++ Using the kits stock RAD with fans set on > low <

2-302 (120.2) with two Docguys Sanyo Denki 120mm fans on it w/ a shroud. normally fans will probablly be running @ 6v most the time. (the way I will have things setup I can run my fans @ 12,6, or 5 volts)

To correctly figure it out... well, it would be like your "Flow Calculations" thread a while ago. Too many variables.

Of course you said 'about' how much, so you can just read around and let others reply what they observe and get a good estimate from there.

Considering MBM gives me 31C for my case temp atm, I think even a 10C increase from external ambient would be ok. All this air will be blown onto the RAM sinks that will be on my 6800U after I watercool it.

Back