• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI LanParty nF4 (Guide)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No way... I can't do 300HTT unless I use 3-4-4-8 on my ram. I'm on a divider, bro... The sad part right now is that I'm not sure which of those two BIOSes I'm on. I am using the BIOS Savior, so I don't know which I have it set to. Any way I can find out?

I flashed the original and the rd1 bios chips. One is the 310p and the other is a 4-14-X... don't know which one I'm on right now :(

I think you can find that out by using Winflash. Woah wait! I think CPUz also tells you what BIOS version it is. However, AFAIK, there is no way to tell what sub version (i.e #1,2 0r 3) it is without restarting.

Man, I've been hearing bad things about 3-10p.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=834858#post834858

3-31 seems to be the worst ever!
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57952&page=6&pp=25

Well, people on our forums seem to be having no problems with 3-10p so I don't know what to say. When I get back my board, I'm sticking to 3-10 official for TCCD.

Bro, give 3-10 official a try and copy some of my settings as a prelim. You should be memtest stable at least. My XP install is completely FUBAR as I did multiple system restores due to multiple failures :). So, I'm not Prime stable for > 1hr 18 min 1:1 HTT 285MHz. Man I hope newegg hurry up and send my board back :(

This board is too problematic :bang head
Good gods of overclocking, how much I need to sacrifice to get dual channel working :(

Super Nade said:
Zebbo, I don't know what to tell you but my OC'ing experience with this board has been a struggle thus far.

Yeah, tell me about it... :eh?:

But as sure as I am I will get this working no matter how much it asks to do so. It's much more about the headache then will :)

Helped me out alot to notice that my mobo is not the issue here, it's my CPU. There's only one pin broken and that's why dual channel refused to work. I put a small piece of copper audio wire on the socket so now it takes the contact with cpu and everything works just perfectly.

Zebbo said:
Helped me out alot to notice that my mobo is not the issue here, it's my CPU. There's only one pin broken and that's why dual channel refused to work. I put a small piece of copper audio wire on the socket so now it takes the contact with cpu and everything works just perfectly.

Congrats on that ghetto fix. Amazing!

Hi all!
Old post- old motherboard. Have spent all day trying to find a manual. The dfi guides are all dead. Hope some will remember:

1. How do I interpret the orange debug leds?
2. Have to troubleshoot my rig so i start with 1 ram stick. In what slot do i put it?
3. Cant even find out the settings of the jumpers for sli mode, so i dont know how they are set.

Thx

1. How do I interpret the orange debug leds? =That is in the manual which you should have or can download still from DFI website.

2. Have to troubleshoot my rig so i start with 1 ram stick. In what slot do i put it? = Orange slot furthest from the CPU.

3. Cant even find out the settings of the jumpers for sli mode, so i dont know how they are set. = That is in the manual as well.

1. How do I interpret the orange debug leds? =That is in the manual which you should have or can download still from DFI website.

2. Have to troubleshoot my rig so i start with 1 ram stick. In what slot do i put it? = Orange slot furthest from the CPU.

3. Cant even find out the settings of the jumpers for sli mode, so i dont know how they are set. = That is in the manual as well.

Hi!
q1,3: as i said i couldnt find the manual
q2 i know that i hope:

i have a hacker friend (not rly, just hate the nerd and geek titles, so i call the gr8 ones hackers:)), who managed to find a manual. He also suggested to put 2 rams in at once, for the sli mode, recommended orange slots, saw that here.

I was in a bad state when i replaced my mb and pc and shortcutted at the wrong place for the power on. Many sparks, but maybe the rig is still ok or fixable. Its late now and i must sleep, will try tomorrow if i can. Its my doro(her name) and she's a beauty.

Thx for answering, but it kinda sucks yeah? u ask for a manual which i said i couldnt find?

Cheers

Description Motherboard English Manual
File lputnf4%2084750510.pdf
Size 11,164 KB
Language English of US

There is should to be a 'contact us' link on their homepage website and email them and tell them that file will Not download. When they fix it...then you can get the manual.

Morning now here in Sweden and Im going through the manual. What a gr8 board I probably burned. And many thanks to all who answered and helped! Wow! Pls dont flame me now, but what happened was: i replaced mb and cpu and shortcutted it at a wrong place (had no power button). There were sparks. Troubleshooting now.

Cheers

by the way, when you use two ram sticks its called dual channel mode. sli is for graphics cards only, and it is when two cards are used as one.

True imog. Here's my progress sofar,

I was very lucky and nothing is damaged:). Now the comp boots up correctly, thought i probably burned both my mb and cpu. When getting into windows I get a bsod with error code *7b and f78a2524, *034. Have studied that all day and it seems as i dont have the driver for my hd. Saw that i can get past that by setting my sata mode to ide mode. But I cant find out how to do that in my bios (hoping this will get me into windows and update my chipset from there). I have tried disabled ide controller without effect, set hd option to large. The problem originates from replacing my mb and cpu. I have win 7 pro on my hd and then it can be problems sometimes. But I have similar replacements (nvidia mb and an x2) and this has worked b4 and then I just plugged in a hd with an installed os. How can I get pass this? Dont have any dvd-player and my floppy is as broke as me:). I think I can download some drivers to an usb stick, which i have. Just feels as I can get past this by some right clicks in bios. Im very thankful for ur answers guys!

Best Wishes

PS Sry for my whine Rgone:(

DFI lanparty nf4, probably ultra
X2 4600
HD 160JJ Samsung

Last edited:
Back