• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fan going weird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ventis

hello OC forums, I have a question on my X800 pro vivo Toxic. For a little while now my Fan on this card had been either grinding or just rotating to fast or something. Sounds like a sickly rumble, or maybe a screw is loose. Whats going on?

BTW i returned it to the stock x800pro bios, i had it Flashed before

make sure the card is seated properly. is the card mounted different than inteded by ati? fans can scrub or scrape if you angle them or turn them upside down. maybe there's some gunk or dust in the path of the fan, try rubbing alcohol to clean the fan and parts. maybe a wire is in the way of the fan, or maybe the fan is bent... that's all i got maybe it'll help maybe it won't.

Infamous, though he was vague, is right about what to check first. Its possible the fan is dieing on you, but I wouldn't bother RMA'ing it unless you really care about waranty, too much of a hassle for me over a fan. If it turns out the fan really is dieing you can always buy a new silencer for under $20. (do the old silencers fit the x800's?)

Back