• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!!! about to buy a video card.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ducatifly999

Registered
1. I have an asus p4p-800 deluxe mobo and want to upgrade my video card. I was thinking of the 9800pro or the x700. However, the x700 is PCI-express, does that mean my mobo will not support it?

2. what other features does an AIW have that cannot be done with a normal video card? Aside from the tuner and tv capabilities? And can the AIW do multi screen?

3. do they have any 9800pro's with VIVO? And how can I tell?

Thanks for the help people

i'm not seeing any pci express support on the mobo specs, so i'd have to recommend the agp card

you can only get AGP cards with that motherboard. a X700 would be great. If you want to get a 9800Pro the 'VIVO' you can tell with the description of the card on the site you choose to buy from.

There are AGP GeForce 6600GT cards that would work fine in your mb. You might want to consider that as an alternative to the x700 cards. Just as good if not better at that price point and proven effective by the many people that are currently using them.

yeah, or if you can pick up a cheap fx 5950 remaindered somewhere many oc quite well and they beat the 9800 pro 256MB in most tasks

>HyperlogiK< said:
yeah, or if you can pick up a cheap fx 5950 remaindered somewhere many oc quite well and they beat the 9800 pro 256MB in most tasks
do they now?

http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?articleid=451&catid=2 scores here are about neck and neck on most res without AA or Anisotropic filter, with the radeon winning at lower resolutions and the gf winning at higher ones). But when you put on the AA or Anisotropic filter (which you would practically) the gf tends to take the lead. And it will run Doom 3 engine games with a performance boost (even with the radeon hack doom 3 still runs a bit faster on nvidia).

that review is 2 years old, and so is this subject and im not going to bring it back from the dead, i've had both a fx5900 flashed to fx5950 and a 9800pro, and i'd suggest the 9800pro unless all you play is opengl games

>HyperlogiK< said:
http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.cfm?articleid=451&catid=2 scores here are about neck and neck on most res without AA or Anisotropic filter, with the radeon winning at lower resolutions and the gf winning at higher ones). But when you put on the AA or Anisotropic filter (which you would practically) the gf tends to take the lead. And it will run Doom 3 engine games with a performance boost (even with the radeon hack doom 3 still runs a bit faster on nvidia).

Back