• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800GT the same as X800XT PE in HL2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wam

I got a X800pro that's been flashed to X800XT PE and runs at 520/560 (Omega 5.1) . I did a few tests in HL2 and was surprised that my 6800GT @ 440/1220 (ForceWare VXG 71.80) was almost indentical in FPS. Is this normal or down to the drivers? I tested them in Far Cry as well and got pretty much the same story. It was only in Colin Mcrae 2005 where there was a big difference. I was very surprised at the HL2 result but the scenes I tested didn't have much water in. I used 1600x1200 4xAA 16xAA and I got 94-99FPS in the part where you first pick up the cross bow by the bridge on both cards.

You may be cpu limited, hence why your fps are the same. In reviews, the x800xt pulls ahead of a 6800u in farcry and hl2 on a fx55

If you read the following link you will see that at 1600x1200 with 4xAA & 16 AF that there wouldn't be that much difference between my P4 @ 3.9 1:1 tight memory and a FX55. So I don't think the CPU comes into it that much.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/half_life_2_cpu_shootout/page7.asp

I will test a few more different levels and see what I get but after reading Xbitlabs reviews I expected a bigger margin even though my 6800GT is clocked past Ultra speeds. I will do a test on the Canal levels as that's where the difference seems to be greatest.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/2004-27gpu2_11.html

Last edited:
i mean a 3.9 ghz p4 anit slow at all, but there is suppose to be hdr level for hl2 coming out soon cant wait to see that!

crimedog said:
when you're using 1600x1200 with AA and AF there won't be a cpu bottleneck, oc550 is just obsessed with those words

Hehheeh, indeed, it's al, he ever says, complete bull crap.

Like others have said you clocked the GT past Ultra. And you have a Pro, not XTPE!:p

Just to be clear the Pro is a VIVO, has all 16 pipes and has been flashed to a XT PE bios and runs at 520/560 so in essence it is a XT PE. (when I've finished modding it it should be even a little faster than a XT PE!)

Back