• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Color settings for a 9800 pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shadowdr

I just got a 9800 pro to replace my old TI 4200.I am really disappointed in the color on my LCD.If I get in a game that has some darkness I cannot see at all.Even on my desktop or the web the colors are really washed out if I try to increase brightness enough so that everything isn't dark :shrug: I tried adjusting all the settings I could to get the color back but to no avail.Are there any that will give the colors like the digital vibrance setting in the Nvidia based cards, or are the ATI's only good for crt monitors?

I wish I had know tis before I got this card.Is there something I am missing in the display properties?

Did you try increasing the contrast while increasing the brightness? You may have to just change the settings every time you play. :(

I did try that as well as Omega and ATI drivers to see if there was any difference but still I cannot get any color when the display is bright.Looks like I will be going back to the dark side.I would think that with all the LCD's around that ATI would correct this.

dont give up on the card dude...their are either 2 possibilities....ur LCD is screwed up or the card is screwed up. Test out ur ti3200 w/ the LCD again and see if u get the same results...if u get washed out colors...its the LCD...if not, then its the 9800Pro and if u can call the manufacterer and tell them whats happening, mabe u can get a new one or have them fix it? just some ideas before u blow off the 9800Pro cause thats a good card.

Unfortunately both are working fine.The display is the same on both but the Nvidia Digital Vibrance setting somehow increases the color saturation so that a scan of a picture looks just like the picture while the ATI is darker.ATI needs to incorperate this feature for LCD's.
It is like the dark green in your signature allmost blends with the black background,but if I raise the brightness it fades the black into grey.

shadowdr said:
Unfortunately both are working fine.The display is the same on both but the Nvidia Digital Vibrance setting somehow increases the color saturation so that a scan of a picture looks just like the picture while the ATI is darker.ATI needs to incorperate this feature for LCD's.
It is like the dark green in your signature allmost blends with the black background,but if I raise the brightness it fades the black into grey.

I know exactly what you are talking about. With my old 5900 the vibrance settings were too vibrant for my crt, but I guess you are out of luck with the lcd. Buy a 6600GT AGP and you will feel better.

Back