• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X800 Pipemod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpaceChicken

Registered
I have been looking through the forum and everywhere Pipemodding a x800 from 12 to 16 pipes is being talked about.

How do I do such a thing? Is there a sticky I have not seen?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sentential said:
As he said:D however ive seen a high number of people who's cards unexpectidtly die from doing this mod so use at your own risk

actually i've seen that rumor fly around (thanks oc550) but never any proof. however there are a lot of people who try to unlock pipes, oc heavily, and even volt mod with stock cooler :eek:. Watch your temps! Air cooling sucks!

Got mine running Aircooled stock cooler and rarely brake 55C. There are 2 games that hit the card harder though that I've seen. Doom 3 ramps it up to 63C and Nexus: The Jupiter Incident runs it to 70C.

Never had any issues with it then again I'm not OCing the life out of my card. I keep it at a modest OC. Usually runs lower then what my sig says unless I have the need to crank it up higher, which hasn't proven much usefull in games as of late.

crimedog said:
actually i've seen that rumor fly around (thanks oc550) but never any proof. however there are a lot of people who try to unlock pipes, oc heavily, and even volt mod with stock cooler :eek:. Watch your temps! Air cooling sucks!
Sure does, there's no way I can keep up with the peltiers... ;)

X800Pro 256MB (475/450)
Score..Name.............Clock....Bus..PipeMod..BiosMod..Manufacturer...Vmod..RamType..Cooling................Temps...Notes
1240...Gautam...........650/590..AGP..Failed...No.......BBATi..........Yes...Sam2.0...Alpha6035.+.delta60mm..29/44...1.56v
1235...oz_soth..........615/620..AGP..Success..XT-PE....Sapphire.......Yes...Sam1.6..........................-8/-2...
1225...ElMoIsEviL.......625/600..AGP..Success..XT-PE....Sapphire.............Sam2.0...Peltier................-19/-7..

Back