• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to install a window

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
after 2 sheets of Lucite acrylic being glued on, i think i'm giving up on trying to glue it. I keep getting smudges of glue over it and i dunno how to get the epoxy smudges off!
That chrome molding looks kinda cool and I might end up getting me some of that. Anyways, i think i'm just going to go with velcro!! yes i think i'm going to velcro my window in. This way it would be easy to take out if i ever decide to repaint my case a different color.

Snewpors ... Paint thinner should get epoxy off the window.. Remember to wash it off though... Also use liquid nails .. Its the best stuff and you can get a tube of liquid nails for under $2.50. I personally use liquid nails clear ;-)

nice job

I did something like that but mine isn't quite as nice. Good work
i like the case too.

Would look pretty cool with green neon light inside

Impressed ,very nice job ,computing muse be getting boring when we need windows and light to make the inside look neat !

wildbilly2k said:
did you use a drafters curve tool to make those nice round curves when you drew it?
rUfUnKy said:
3) After I sketched out what I wanted, I took the ruler (for my straight lines) and a cd and also a smaller round object (for the corners) and drew my final window.
:)

For a first time modder, i think this looks fairly good... I did the paint and the window all myself, with a little peeking at these boards for pointers and tips.

yeah im bout to cut soon myself im doing a red and white theme just to match my red motherboard and the red video card im getting im doing red neon light string through the grill of my case and a red cathode light inside with red leds

Any suggestions for cutting a fan hole in my window? I'm doing a window, but don't want to lose my 80mm duct and my 92mm AGP exhaust fan. I'm mostly concerned with cutting the window...is there a tool that is far superior to others? The window won't split and crack if I use my industrial griner (BIG dremel) will it? I looked for hole saws, but can't find any up to 92mm around here. I saw one large enough for an 80mm at Home Depot, but didn't pick it up. Anyone seen them online? Hmmmm...bet the hole saw would be worse for the plexiglass...???

Thanks for any input.

well make sure you get lexan then it wont break for sure. I used a saber saw which is just the same as a jig saw and i used a metal cutting blade and it worked fine but cutting the metal even with metal cutting blades sucked @$$ even though my window turned out very well

What would be the recommended thjickness for the window? I have an old piece of plexie glass that I could use but it is about 3/16" thick. Would this be thick enough to withstand small impacts like a computer case would lily take?

i used 1/8th piece of lexan and it is really strong so that 3/16 piece of plexi should do fine but be careful when cutting it may break crack or split

Back