• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heres a good one...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrianCapps

Contest: The cheapest, bestest mobo out there. I want to know what price I could expect to pay for a dual P3 1 Ghz+ Mobo with: RAID, 4x agp, up to 1ghz+ sdram.

The winner gets, umm, a bike i couldnt sell at a garage sale for $10! you pay shipping :)

Oh and: intel chipset, of course!

The cheapest and the bestest usually dont go hand in hand. The all around best dual PIII board out there is the Abit VP-6. It surpasses every requirement you have put up there and can be found for between $150 and $160.

It's by far the fastest dual PIII board out there. Only bad thing is that it's a VIA chipset. But I haven't had any problems from mine.

How about a 100Mhz bus p3 1G, and using a dual BX board, something like a supermicro it's price is around 140 bucks here in holland, but the 100mhz fsp p3's will cost u more than 133mhz's

Sounds like a VP6 would suit your req's the best. It's got everything bar the Intel chipset.

I'm not sure if the i815 can handle duallie setups... Well, if you want agp4x, 133 FSB, SDRAM... and Intel, that's what your limiting yourself to...

BTW, a picture of the prize would be nice before the winner forks out for shipping :¬)}

Back