• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gateway 450 OC'ing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THUNDRKATT64

Hi Gang,
Ok, the ?? is about my Gateway. Would I be able to mildly O/C my 450Mhz, Intel Pent.III, with 100Mhz FSB? I am just looking for a little bit better performance at the moment, and if it is possible, would someone be able to send step-by-step instructions for me?

As I mentioned, just mild performance gains, and a conservative set-up is what I am looking for ....
Any help or other info would be greatly appreciated, and you can probably tel, I am trying to get as much info as possible, since I am an O/C newbie.......................Flynn :cool:
( I hope this is enough info below)
Intel p-III 450Mhz
256meg RAM
100Mhz FSB
200 watt power
S/B128D audio
Voodoo 3dfx 3000 video

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

I'm sorry to be the persom who gives you the bad news but most name brand PC makers do not give you any overclocking options or settings. If you look through the post and find Pinky he may have a program that is called SoftFSB and this may let you adjust FSB [frontsidebus] but you must first make sure your clock generator is supported.

Back