• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

silent cooling solution x800p

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnt by pat

Well, I ordered my OEM x800p and it'll be here 4-10 depending on distance... I can't wait.

I will need a near silent cooling solution for this though as I'm getting mad at fans and noise in general. I was thinking the Silencer 4 but I also had thoughts about that zalman flower cooler. The only thing I see with the zalman is it might be too big and doesn't exhaust out of the case. While that may seem like a not-so-big issue, I'm cramming this card and my matx board into a htpc case so heat is the enemy.

Is the silencer4 the best thing available or is there anything else?

pwnt by pat said:
Well, I ordered my OEM x800p and it'll be here 4-10 depending on distance... I can't wait.

I will need a near silent cooling solution for this though as I'm getting mad at fans and noise in general. I was thinking the Silencer 4 but I also had thoughts about that zalman flower cooler. The only thing I see with the zalman is it might be too big and doesn't exhaust out of the case. While that may seem like a not-so-big issue, I'm cramming this card and my matx board into a htpc case so heat is the enemy.

Is the silencer4 the best thing available or is there anything else?

The stock x800 GPU cooler on thermal control is very quite.

Viper

had started similar thread in cooling section and forgotten about this one... it can go if any admin see it.

Anyway, the vid card is coming with a passive heatsink only. That just won't do.

Back