• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon 9500/9700 pro...dual display?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wandl

Newb question but A buddy of mine has a 9500 pro and a 9700 pro both with regular vga and tv-out ports....with the right cables, can he get displayed on his 17" CRT AND on an 32" tv?

And just to clarify, these two screens would show the exact same screen, right?

I think I know the answers but just wanna check with y'all...

sean478 said:
yah you can display same thing on a 17" and a tv
but sometimes i've noticed that the TV screen can get errors that the VGA doesnt, ex: playing halo showed up on the VGA but not the TV, the TV just showed my desktop

ok to clarify it a little (he was very vague when he approached me with the problem yesterday) my friend needs a vid card that will have 2 outputs to where it can get an "expanded desktop" where like..on your screen, MY COMPUTER MY DOCUMENTS and stuff will be on 1 crt and things on the right hand side of the windows such as RECYCLE BIN will be on 1 crt....dual display but both show different parts of the window..

does that make sense? is there such a thing? Is there one for a TV and a VGA output?

no i dont think so but u should be able to use thevga and dvi to do that and if u still want it on the tv u might pick up a vga to composite adapter

I don't think it's possible to do it with a TV being one of the two "monitors" through the drivers. I could be wrong, but I think that extended desktop will only work between the VGA and DVI connector (with the TV mirroring one of the displays). If you found a VGA->S-Video or DVI->S-Video adapter it would probably work though.

JigPu

Back