• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ati sli when where and is it compatable with current cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sean478

ok i got a x850 xtpe and i am wandering if the ati sli thats comming out on the future ati chipsets are compatable with my card cause it would be so cool to get another x850 xtpe and almost double my fps does any one know anything about those chipsets and if they can do sli with current cards also when are they suposed to come out

I doubt its gonna work that way. When Nvidia release their card, they already design it to have SLI feature. The cards will have a place on the upper side to be connected with a bridge provide by the mobo manufacturers.

As for ATI cards, they didn't design it to be "SLI" ready. My guess will be that when ATI release their "SLI" cards, your current card may not be compatible. You probably have to get 2 new cards.

If they don't need a bridge(I doubt they will), you will at least need a new motherboard, one with the Ati chipset. As for now, nobody knows.

Well, SLI is nvidia made, ATI's is AMR, and for what we know, i dont think it will be possible with current cards =|

Back