• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T.E.C with air? (really that bad?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Feuer Frei

Hi,

Im looking for some fun, so.... I was wondering if i cud run a low wattage Tec on my thermalright SLK-947U with panaflo 92mm(silent model)... Would that be possible? i would probably buy a new power supply for the tec. how big of a power supply would an 80watt or so tec need?

Thanks.

- Feuer Frei

An 80watt isn't gonna cool a CPU, a 172 watter might just do it if you cna give it 24V. Anything less and have fun smelling burning silicon.

A 226watter is your only option, and you can aircool one if you want, it'll give alright temps, but nothing great.

I dobut that you could run more than around 250W of total pelt + CPU power on air...
Some XP-120 + powerful Delta should do some job, but I think that 172W pelt would be absolute max. That would require great case ventialation too. That's simply too much power for s heatsink.
For graphics card with some modded Silencer it should be more possible, but I can't give guaranty there.
80W pelt will be enough for cooling simple graphics card, forget CPU.

Swifty pull sit off with one of thier heatsinks and a 226watter.

Just need a powerful fan, a very powerful fan.

Back