• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

phase changers: lets talk power bills, and noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The noise on my LS isnt bad at all. Its equivlent to running watercooling with a couple of 120's. I've been running a vapo 24/7 for about a year and a half (give or take some down time :p ) and my electric bill isnt killing me.

1/5+ about 0.9A at 240v so 216w for -30c cooler

73w is 1cent australia so something like 30 hours $1.
1Hp cooler -50c idle -47c load prime 2hours about 2A 240v rotarys use less power.
so 15 hours $1. or even cascade -77c load temps -101c no load at all
cascade about 4.8A 240 so 6 hours benching $1
attachment.php

not really that bad and worth the fun i think.

fans i use 120mm all needed, 3 for a cascade, 2 atu

Attachments

• DSC04677.JPG
    DSC04677.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
Sweet. I just ordered my condenser, and my friend told me to come pick through some old refrigerators he has for a compressor, so Im slowly getting a start on this project. I think the most expensive component will be the lian li skin kit :) Im going to make my own chill control type board with LCD display, unless I cant get the parts cheap enough to be cost effective. In that case I may be forced to buy a genuine chill control unit. Hehe, I'm already getting excited about sub-ambient temps :D

AC

Back