• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm a noob, How do I run 2 instances of FAH??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EWBatOVAclockin

Well, obviously I have a intel and whenever I leave my computer or something I want to let folding use ALL of my Proc. utilization. Right now obviously its only using 50%. So could someone pleaseeee guide in the right direction on how to go about this:):)

PEACE

Here is what I did. It works like a charm. Download the ultimate install guide and when you install it to Program Files/F@H go into the folder and delete the config files.

This way F@H will manually ask your for the information. For the first instance use machine ID1 when it asks for it in the console. For the second use ID2. This way it will work flawlessly. Wedo's ultimate install is a tad buggy in that reguard. I had to enter it all in manually for it to stick

Ok, obviously I should download the version for the HT proc's right? Or just the standard one. I downloaded everything but it just won't run :cry:

PEACE

Download the stuff for HT procs. First thing to do, unzip. Double click the install, then go into C:\Program Files\FAH find the config. Edit it for your liking. If in a few minutes you don't see the FAH stuff, restart it.

Ok, did all that. FAH didn't show. Restarted.....still didn't show up. I also tried to start it manually through services.msc but it says that it has no work to do :shrug: ahh why is everything always so confusing:(

PEACE

What do you mean by "showing up?" Showing up where? The One-Clicks install FAH so that it will run silently. The only place you should see anything is in Task Manager.

That's what I mean. They don't show up in the task manager. But it's fine, I will just run one copy of it since I'm too *prone* to mess up these things:(

PEACE

get two folders, FAH1 FAH2 (whatever you like) put a FAH502-Console.exe in each, load one do the user name team 32, etc. do the same to the second, but when you set it up, type YES to change advanced options / settings (i cant remember), it one of the last, go through them pressing enter, until it asks you something about MACHINE ID and for that you want to type 2 and enter. i hope that helps.

Back