• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think my Mushkin BH-5 is going to love my DFI NF4 SLi-DR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jiveseed

So my excitement is all potential based!!!

Ok, I told my self to wait at least a week before ANY OCing. We'll I couldnt wait, and decided to try stock CPU volts and moving my DDR to 2.9v! OH MAMA, I'm excited........ Now my system is all air and the only thing I did was run superPi 32m once, No errors. So I have no idea if this is stable. In my NF7-S my Mushkin wouldnt run stable at 250 on 2.9v. This was with the 0125 bios also. I've been leaving the box on 24/7 since I got it. I run prime all night every night since I got it to burn it in. No errors. I think with more volts this will be a pretty nice OCing system. I put it back to stock this morning. Next week I'll start pushing it. Is this a sign of high potential??? It's the most Ive done at these power levels....

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=5404

P.S. I cant get "Print Screen" to work. How do I get it to copy the screen to image writter?

FOr the love of all things holy, please share your memory settings. I also have Mushkin BH5. I mean all timings in your bios. Thanks!!

3.2v ddr and 1.42v CPU, Just a little more voltage for the pair. Also set the tras to 10. (buddy told me he liked it better) How many volts can BH-5 take. They feel cool to the touch right now and have a fan (TT sure silent 80mm) Blowing on them plus the XP-90 overflow. Is it worth it switching the jumper to get the up to 4v abilities.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=5507

I found that anything over 3.5v causd my BH-5 to create more errors in memtest at speeds i had previously verified.

btw: using an Ultra-D, sig will be updated when i get the new sys where i want it.

Hate to break it to you, but it's about time that you sat time and played with your alpha timings for the maximum performance. Otherwise, your system will run slower than a similarly-clocked system using a different motherboard. Remember, DFI relaxes their settings at stock speeds so that the user can achieve the highest overclock and then fine-tune the performance to their likings. This is also another reason why some other boards don't clock as well; they tend to use very aggressive timings that are not compatible with all sorts of ram. If you haven't played with the bios or A64 tweaker, now is the time to learn.

deception``

I got A64 tweeker this morning. Im looking for what all the settings mean. I will play with it this after noon for a few. Thanks for the advise. I dont know what the timming really mean and Ive never set timmings besides the 2-2-2-6 stuff.

Jiveseed said:
I got A64 tweeker this morning. Im looking for what all the settings mean. I will play with it this after noon for a few. Thanks for the advise. I dont know what the timming really mean and Ive never set timmings besides the 2-2-2-6 stuff.

The alpha timings will allow you to squeeze the extra performance out of your memory. Also, they can make or break your quest for stable high clocks. Remaining ignorant to these timings and their uses could prove quite detremental as you continue to look for your max overclock. And if this your first time then that's ok - now is a good time to learn as ever.

deception``

I want to understand how the timmings relate to each other. Can you point me to a few sites that can help. Thanks for your time.

Back