• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x800pro pci-es still flashable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
should be the saphire x800 pros have 1.6ns ram
but as for laser cut idono cant find pic of core but traditionaly the vivos dont have the laser cut though

as long as you use pci-e x800 series bios files I dont see why not...

Vrykyl said:
as long as you use pci-e x800 series bios files I dont see why not...
Neither do I. Just be careful and make sure you have a PCI card handy in case you need to hotflash it back

ViperJohn said:
Probably not as the cards do not use the same cores...not even close.

Viper

hate to say this but they both use the r423 core and i am gonna have to say that flashing is a go aslong as clocks (520/560) and pipes are ok(16)

sean478 said:
hate to say this but they both use the r423 core and i am gonna have to say that flashing is a goo aslong as clocks (520/560) and pipes are ok(16)

Reference built x800Pro 12 pipe PCIe cards use R430's.

X800's 16 pipe PCI-e cards built on the PCIe PWA use R423 cores with a AGP to PCIe
reverse bridge.

It is going to be a confusing mess between reference built, variation on reference built
and Euro built cards.

Viper

Last edited:
sean478 said:
wait i thought the r423 was the pcie x800pro/xt/xtpe and the r430 was the x800xl and the r420 was the r423 w/out the reloto bridge

Yeah you are to fast for me Sean. Was working on two post at once, one on the PCIe cards
and one one the AGP cards and managed to get em the wording of both mixed up lol. You
got to it before I corrected.

The R423 is essentially and R420 with a reverse bridge for PCIe support.

The x800Pro 12 pipe Pipe PCIe card without Vivo are using a 12 pipe R430's at least on the
pure ATI reference builds. With the variations already appearing plus the Euro built cards
being built differently on top of it the best way to know what you have is pull the GPU cooler
and look.

I will be surprized if the R423 PCIe x800's stay around for long and you may see R480's
showing up on them in the not to distant future if they do just to keep the builder from
stocking two different GPU's. Kinda like the way 9800Pro's have been built since January
'04 using R360 cores instead of R350's.

It will just depend on when ATI decides to consolidate the FAB's I guess.

Viper

So that card isnt flashable is what your saying?

So then here is my real question witch setup to get:
MSI neo2 platinum, 3200 winchester, and a sapphire x800pro AGP witch i could flash to an xtpe.
OR
MSI neo4 platinum, 3200 winchester, and a sapphire x800pro PCI-E non flashable.

Back