• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are P4 E0 CPU's Unlocked downward?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Know Nuttin

Hi,

I have the P4 530J E0 SL7PU and the Asus P5P800. I know that most are able to lower the multiplier down to 14x but for some reason, this board will not let me do so. Are the E0's able to do this?

I have the latest bios for this board and should be able to lower the multiplier but i get a CPU Status: Locked in bios, so the option to change is unavailable.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Last edited:
Only the CPUs with the performance compatibility guide rating of 04B support the 14 multiplier. Your CPU is rated 04A, so it doesn't support it.

Only the 550, 560, 560J, and 570J support the 14 multiplier.

You can find the platform compatibility guide rating for a specific CPU from the Intel Processor Spec Finder.
http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/default.asp

Thanks.

I see the core voltage is listed as 1.287V-1.400V on the spec page. AsusProbe shows it at 1.4, CPU-Z shows it at ~1.55. Bios is set to Auto. CPU-Z shows same thing when bios is set to 1.4v. How do I know what the voltage should be set to or what it is really at?

they have the 14x multi for throttling when it gets too hot or when idle but it cant be manually set to that multi so in other words, p4s are fully locked. If you go a64, they are unlocked downwards with the fx unlocked fully but very expensive

Thanks Overclocker550.

I did have an A64 but found it wasn't as effective doing what I needed it to do as a comparable P4. I did have fun with the lower multiplier thing though, wish Intel would do it that way as well.

Any ideas on stock voltage and why CPU-Z 1.27 is showing so high?

Overclocker550 said:
they have the 14x multi for throttling when it gets too hot or when idle but it cant be manually set to that multi so in other words, p4s are fully locked. If you go a64, they are unlocked downwards with the fx unlocked fully but very expensive

The CPUs I listed, provided you have a motherboard with a BIOS that supports the feature, allow you to lock the multiplier at 14.

Know Nuttin said:
I did have fun with the lower multiplier thing though, wish Intel would do it that way as well.

The new 600 series P4's have all multipliers unlocked downward, just like A64s. Again, you need a motherboard that supports the chip though.

Thanks for all the info so far.

Anybody venture a guess as to the vcore differences shown in AsusProbe and CPU-Z?

I have the bios set to 1.3750v.

Attachments

• CPU-Z_AsusProbe (Small).JPG
    CPU-Z_AsusProbe (Small).JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 94
Back