• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why when I choose Auto-select...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roy_jones

Registered
do Far Cry and other games automatically revert my video settings to 'low' quality detail? I'm running an [email protected], and an x800 XT PE, so my assumption is that I should be able to handle more than what the auto-detect seems to be suggesting. Is this incorrect? I'm also getting booted out of games very frequently- meaning the system totally restarts, or I get kicked back into windows. Is this because I'm running at higher detail settings than I'm capable of handling? When I most recently got booted from Far Cry, my ATItool showed my vid card was at 69 degrees Celcius...which kind of concerned me. Any feedback or help is greatly appreciated...

Oh...and I'm running games at 10X12 32-bit, because of my LCD's native resolution...so this is why I further believed that there must be something going on. The weakest component of my system is the Aspire 500W PSU that I'm running...so I wonder whether the rails are undervolted when I'm at max output...?

It could be heat issues or powersupply or even just driver problem.
You could try one at a time....add case fans, use a multimeter to check your psu rails.
But try the cheapest first i.e reinstall drivers

Back