• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

www.overclockers.co.uk

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[Pez]

HELP MEEEE
i just bought an ATI Radeon 9700 pro from www.overclockers.co.uk, and i heard alot that the 9700's from here are diobolically SH*T, has anyone ever bought a 9700 pro from here , and if you have was it all dead n stoof , i was hoping for some advice before i cancelled my order

good luck trying to cancel, or return it if its faulty - that store is notoriously bad for not shipping new/correct/working goods, and virtually never takes returns - and I only just live down the road from em!!!

Vrykyl said:
good luck trying to cancel, or return it if its faulty - that store is notoriously bad for not shipping new/correct/working goods, and virtually never takes returns - and I only just live down the road from em!!!
i drove to stoke when they sent the wrong socket hs :D lol

Why did you buy components off an notorious store and have to go through all the hassle? I hope it's not because they're cheap.

I've just bought one from OCUK, ermm came in a jiffy bag and thats about it. Works though and oddly the mem was only clocked at 276mhz instead of 310mhz but it happily runs at 310mem so I can't complain. It runs comfortably and I have had no problems with it.

They also sent me a Hiper 425W Psu with my order which was packaged properly and working fine. I have also bought a flash drive off them. I can't complain with the service I have recieved so far.

overclockers uk are the best uk site, next day deliver i have never had a problem i wont shop no where else on beacuse of this sites quality service and wide range of computer components avilable!

And stop moarning my mate willkill has a OcUk 9700 pro and it overclocks SWEET and is 256bit so before you cancel think about it beacuse for the price you paid there is no card better!

350/325 (650) I don't think is massively sweet! Although it is on stock cooling. Yeah I can testify it is a pretty nice card and on my AXP 1800 rig will handle HL2 at 1024x768 low/med settings at comfortable fps.

Btw shouldn't this have been put in Vender Discussion?!?!

Oh and Blackmage: You forgot that I'm 1337. :D

willkill1337 said:
350/325 I don't think is massively sweet! Although it is on stock cooling. Yeah I can testify it is a pretty nice card and on my AXP 1800 rig will handle HL2 at 1024x768 low/med settings at comfortable fps.

Oh and Blackmage: You forgot that I'm 1337. :D

350/650? is that slow? i mean 350 from 275 core anit good? :eek: maybe the ram needs work but still!?

Last edited:
yer, i know that there sick , thats the reason i ordered one , ive never had any problems in the past , but i just heard alot that the 9700 pro's seemed to die alot from overclockers.

Blackmage said:
overclockers uk are the best uk site

:bang head :bang head :cry: :cry:

you have no idea how much that one statement hurts me. Your money to waste :-/

www.over-clock.co.uk now they ARE the best uk store, but never that stoke outfit - theyre a retail joke - itd be safer to buy from a jumble sale.

Blackmage said:
350/650? is that slow? i mean 350 from 275 core anit good? :eek: maybe the ram needs work but still!?

Btw the ram was 275 (550) -320mhz (640) and the core was 325 -350mhz. I have heard a few bad things about them yet I have had no bad experiences myself so until I do so, or know someone to have one then I shall have no objections for ordering from them again.

Edit: I could find nowhere at all else in the UK from which I could buy a 9700Pro.

If you have a problem with goods in the uk (faulty or miss advertised etc.) then i suggest you read the 'sales of goods act 1979'. It has some interesting facts about your rights especialy for internet sales.

ukdan said:
If you have a problem with goods in the uk (faulty or miss advertised etc.) then i suggest you read the 'sales of goods act 1979'. It has some interesting facts about your rights especialy for internet sales.

A couple of these would be? Ukdan

What I know of the Sale of Goods act (I know a little seeing as I work in retail).

- If the goods are not as advertised you have a right to a full refund or replacement within 28 days of purchase. This should include postage as far as I know!

- Proof of purchase is *I think* not required although I could be wrong. Even a bank statement or credit card statement constitues proof of purchase though.

This may be useful:
http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/saleandsupply.htm

Back