• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with new computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bmxpunk86pl

yea im building a computer for my dads friend and www.webuildpcs.com is starting to **** me off because they are sending a couple of parts at a time. and i was wondering, when i boot up the comp without the proccessor fan or heatsink (like i said its starting to **** me off cuz the fan didint come yet) the bios show up but when it says press del to enter setup, it wount work i even tried different keyboards. Is it because some if the motherboards need to detect a fan on the fan 1 connector on the motherboard inoredr to start up propperly? whats happend?

I don't recommend booting any computer without a CPU cooler. The initial boot sequence heats up the processor very quickly and sometimes even hotter than normal load CPU temps. Sure hope you didn't fry anything. We must practice patience, Little Grasshopper.

Back