• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS Flashing to immitate different motherboard...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slick306

I have a bh6, and I have a Celeron 850. I am currently running my Celeron 850 at 1133mhz, I want to try higher bus speed, but my motherboard doesn't support it. I was wondering if it was possible to flash it with a different bios (an abit bios)? or would this hurt something? is it safe to try?

Slick
-----
Celeron 850@1133 bh6, asus slotket

Nope. Especially not on Abits.

But have you looked at what has changed on that boards bios updates, alot of times Abit boards can take higher CPU's with a bios flash. Just one intended for that model of board.

more

Well the motherboard supports cpu's up to 12 multiplier, and 133mhz bus. I want to know if I can flash it with a bios from another motherboard that would work with mine to give me more fsb speeds?

slick
---
Celeron 850@1133

Nope, sorry that wouldn't work.

It's the PLL (clockgen) chip that controls FSB settings, not the BIOS. The BIOS only allows you to set it.

Back