• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best $10 peltier setup.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyberey66

I just finished my peltier setup for ~$10. I bought a peltier w/ hs off ebay for $3. Put on a good fan I had. And finally at goodwill, I bought an indoor humidity and temp reader for $6.

I sodered wires to the temp and humidity wire. The temp will read the cpu temp while the humidity will be attached to my slocket for condesation warning. I gasketed up my peltier and have my celeron 433@540 below default voltage 100% stable with up to 30% increase in benchs!! Will post pics soon as well as temps.

Do you think the humidity will work as condensation alert if I glue it to the slocket? It show 100% whenever it gets wet. Hey cant beat this setup for $10. This is my first good project if it works.

no!! my temps suck!!! Well for a peltier. I'm switching to my nice good and lapped P4 h/s this weekend.

My temps are, 13.2 idle, but 41 Full load with F@H and my browsing! Well the temp isnt on the die its a little to the side, so the accually temps might be less. Well I'll see what my new heatsink will do this weekend. Idle would be lower but I didn't let it sit to cool.

I guess for ten bucks that's not too bad. Plus, instead of getting a hs you are getting familiar with the world of peltiers and that could come in handy if later on you got into water cooling+peltier setups. I never really got into that stuf fthough. I just use a golden gate.

I dont want water. My goal is to stay intel and get a full tower with good air cooling and possible peltiers. As soon as I find a new job.

I can see it now.. tualain, with 512+ megs of ram in a full InWin or better tower.
Sigh...... someday:(

I quess I'll have to settle for a celery in a small mid.

Don't you think a t-bird would be better?:D

I guess it's probably no use to try and convert you eh?

Someone has to buy intels.

Don't feel like the water cooling though. Well, I did this for the fun and was getting a new P3 when I did this. Hey, best performance boost for $10 though.

Back