• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding a case for a phase change system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jcollins82

My intention is to buy a Vapochill LS system down the line and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of modification I would have to do to a case to prepare it for a phase change setup. Aside from the fact that I'll have to cut a hole in the bottom of it, are there any other precautions I need to take? I've seen at different shops online that you can buy cases that are ls-ready but they tend to be a bit expensive and I'd like to save as much money as I can.

I know that it would probably be cheaper to build my own phase change setup but I wanted to get a look at a professional build first hand before I try anything like that on my own.

Any help you can send my way will be appreciated.

If you get the LS they will send it with a cutting template that makes it very easy. You need to cut hole for the evap hose and then drill four holes for the mounting to the LS case.

I used tin snips, not the best looking but I don't really mind and you never see it when the case side is on:D

Back