• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Catalyst 5.3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Any comments on these drivers? The Nvidia people are raving about their drivers but I hear nothing from the ATi new drivers.

I gained almost 250 points in 05...from 19xx to 2171...thats like a 15% increase.

And I gained around 300 in 03

Tomorrow i get my operation done so will be spending all weekend vegging, will format my gaming rig and install these babies - see how they run :D

Jacobman said:
Tested them and they are junk, do not get!!

I am curious on this post also since I noticed a big improvement in 01...about a 300 mark increase...and have had no issues with any games so far...but also not pushing my system real heavy right now until I get a better PSU...

Jacobman said:
Tested them and they are junk, do not get!!

No offense but did you completly remove the old drivers first? Did you use a program like driver cleaner and such and be positive you deleted all remininsce of your last driver install?

These drivers seem about the same to me in perofrmance, benchmarks and games alike. THen again I dont do a whole lot of either and have only installed them in my media server.

Uninstalled old drivers, used driver cleaner, installed new drivers and gained over 300 3dMark05 points. Hard to tell in actual gaming though.

Pretty clear to me.

R

No i did not use driver cleaner and probly jumped to conclusion, my bad. I lost 300 point in 03 and 8 frames in CS:S. Would someone please give me the driver cleaner program.

The only thing i did that made sense to me was to run regedit and go to the Control001 and 003 and delete all the keys that had + in front of them in the video section. But when i installed the new drivers my configs were exactly the same so obviously it totally delete them all. How do you delete the whole thing.

I heard that the 5.3s were actually worse than the 5.2s which by the way were junk to me.

I installed the 5.2s and I decided to play some HL2 on my 24" LCD and the gameplay had some serious studdering action going on even though I'm packing some pretty decent horsepower for a system.

nonetheless, I went back to the 5.1s and the studdering has now disappeared.

I did the driver cleaner and still no luck, oh well. Back to the 5.1s.

After i reinstall a new driver shouldnt my options go back to default? Well they dont and i cant figure why they dont even with driver cleaner, im im getting ****ed at these drivers :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
Jacobman said:

After i reinstall a new driver shouldnt my options go back to default? Well they dont and i cant figure why they dont even with driver cleaner, im im getting ****ed at these drivers :mad: :mad: :mad:

You using Driver Cleaner Pro?

Jacobman said:

You sure its not your OS :shrug:

Back