• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Opinions -> Panaflo 80mm BX H1B Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Know Nuttin

Hi all,

Anyone have any opinions on this fan in terms of noise, cfm, etc? I'd like to replace the fan that came with my heatsink as it is not 21dba or even close when at full :bang head It sounds like 34dba or more, and not just wind noise either.

Thanks in advance for all opinions.

That's a good choice. It will be much quieter than what you have. Another fan you might consider is the one I have in my signature. It's rated at 33dBA, but is actually very quiet. There is a quieter version that puts out a little less air at Sidewinder.com.
These fans are the Delta 3 blade sesign and they put out a lot of air pressure, have a very small center hub, and are very quiet. You can't go wrong with the Delta's or the Panaflo. Good luck.

Keep in mind that the dBA are measured with the fan running at full speed with no air restrictions placed on them (Guards, Heatsinks, Etc.) Thus the noise level will always be higher with some obstuction placed in the path of the air flow, which will create back pressure and turbulence. Since this is mounted on a HS you may just want to add a spacer to reduce the noise level, it well as give you better cooling as well.

Back