• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Attention EM3 Users

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gnerma,

Wanted to ask if it would be okay to place a download link on my webpage to your skin file. I am gonna place a link there for VB5 and ask about a link for the EMIII. I'll then stick this all in my sig (gotta make it smaller again...lol). I am going for mentor and I think this will make it even easier with that. You can check out the page now that has barely anything on it yet. It's a work in progress...lol

Sgt Hump
This is the unfinished webpage here

nice skin :D Anychance (as has already been suggested) of having the relevant user name under the title bar?

Humpmasta_Flex said:
Deffinately would suggest User name in the blank spot under OC logo. It would spice it up a little bit.
Well as you probably figured out while modifying the skin you can't just tell EM3 to display a username in fat text wherever you like. In fact, I'm not even sure EM3 is aware of the username you are using it just monitors the numbers (except maybe for stats). I wish this functionality was there but I wish the EM3s skin API could do a lot of other stuff too :eek:

The only way to put one's username there is to do what you did which is to create an image and throw it in yourself. I may include simple instructions on how to do this in the readme file when I write it.

About linking, if you could just link to this thread for the time being it would be great. When it is done Larry will be hosting it so it'll have a nice permanent home. Thanks :)

gnerma looking good! the squashed one is great, but i don't think the points belong in the middle, just doesn't seem right. Also the thick border around the "alert" is a little too thick. Looking great, though i'm still trying to think of something good for the middle. what if you moved the ocforums logo down, so it isn't in a tab, but it would fill up the empty space. how does that look?

:attn:

Something like this? (halfass mockup)

gocmockup4ft.png

like humpmasta iv added my own user name just under the ocforums bar - size 12 seems to be a nice font size to fit nicely in the gap (if you have your client the same size as mine that is). Now looks like -

em3skin.jpg

Tis my wallpaper you can see in the background - alt+prtscr can see through the transparency when taking app specific screenshots it would appear.
I love this skin, much better than the old one :)

Gnerma said:
Something like this? (halfass mockup)

gocmockup4ft.png

hehe, the okay box wouldn't be up there, right? Maybe extend the space a little bit, so the lightning bolt can fit it. I personally think that looks fantastic for people who don't want to create their own username. This might be something that you could keep multiple versions available. one could be the one with the space for a username, and we could easily make a guide for it. And the other could be another version (the more compact one) without room for a username. We could even do a poll. This looks really fun, I might give it a shot if i have any spare time.

veryhumid said:
hehe, the okay box wouldn't be up there, right?
Well here is what I was thinking about that.. If that element is getting in the way, I could make it so the it only appears on "alert" or "error" so putting it in a rather unsightly place like that would be no big deal.

You know I really like how that looks too :-/ More opinions? (the lightning bolt wouldn't have that black block behind it BTW, I was just too lazy to futz with the gradient :p )

ohhh, i see. that could work. maybe if you have to make the black area taller to fit in the lightning bolt it could fit under the option button. can the size of the button be changed?

veryhumid said:
can the size of the button be changed?
No, the only thing you can do to it is change the position. I'd have it looking like the other buttons otherwise. And I suppose either way would work with the bolt, as long as the cutout section like in that mockup had a border tracing around it.

Back