Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    440

    Distilled water turning cloudy>?

    Ok guys this is weird I just setup my first loop with distilled water and after afew hours of it running, the distilled water has turned cloudy. What is the meaning of this atrocity!

  2. #2
    Member obsolete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,118
    What kind of tubing? Maybe that makes it "appear" as though it's cloudy? No additives? Water wetter generally makes your tubes look cloudy.....

    Was there possibly something in the radiator your using or anything else? (left over fluids)

    Otherwise, I don't really see how distilled water could get cloudy looking unless there is something in the loop other then distilled water........
    ][H][
    ]-[Hewlett Packard p7-1587c (refurbished even, lol)]-[AMD A8-5500 3.2ghz]-[Generic 8 GB mem]-[Asus Nvidia Geforce GT 630]-[Integrated IDT 92hd73e Beats Audio]-[1 TB 7200 RPM SATA HD]-[PS 300W]-[Samsung 26" LED TV]-[
    -blt

  3. #3
    Member covana2244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    UNK Nebraska
    Posts
    434
    It sound like you still have air bubbles. Let it run for a few hours it should clear up.
    Mobo: DFI Lanparty UT 250GB Ram: 1 gig Corsair 2.5cas (2*512) CPU: AMD64 3200+ slot754
    OS: Windows XP Pro SP2, Gentoo STAGE 1!
    CDRW: LiteOn 48x12x48 cdrw DVDRW: OPTORITE DD1203 DVD+-RW DUAL 12x Audio Card: Audigy2 ZS Gamer
    Video Card: ATI Technologies ASUS x800pro 256Meg VIVO Flashed to a x800xtpe!
    Monitor: Hyundia ImageQuest L90D+ Heatsink: XP-120

    Heatware:beer:

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by obsolete
    What kind of tubing? Maybe that makes it "appear" as though it's cloudy? No additives? Water wetter generally makes your tubes look cloudy.....

    Was there possibly something in the radiator your using or anything else? (left over fluids)

    Otherwise, I don't really see how distilled water could get cloudy looking unless there is something in the loop other then distilled water........

    Its just the regular one that came with the COrsair COOL kit. I dont think it's the tubing since before everything was clear. No additives were added. There are no posibility for left over fluids since this is a new setup.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by covana2244
    It sound like you still have air bubbles. Let it run for a few hours it should clear up.

    I dunno man i've been running it overnight. I'm still running it right now as i'm at school. By the way The waterblock stays so cold with the 120mm fan on it's awesome!

  6. #6
    Member covana2244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    UNK Nebraska
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanD911
    I dunno man i've been running it overnight. I'm still running it right now as i'm at school. By the way The waterblock stays so cold with the 120mm fan on it's awesome!
    are you using a t line? If so you could have to let it run for up to a couple days. Try turning the pump off and see if you can see little air bubbles floating in the water if so you still need to bleed. Try turn the pump on then off a few times, and tipping the whole system at different angles to coax the bubbles out.
    Mobo: DFI Lanparty UT 250GB Ram: 1 gig Corsair 2.5cas (2*512) CPU: AMD64 3200+ slot754
    OS: Windows XP Pro SP2, Gentoo STAGE 1!
    CDRW: LiteOn 48x12x48 cdrw DVDRW: OPTORITE DD1203 DVD+-RW DUAL 12x Audio Card: Audigy2 ZS Gamer
    Video Card: ATI Technologies ASUS x800pro 256Meg VIVO Flashed to a x800xtpe!
    Monitor: Hyundia ImageQuest L90D+ Heatsink: XP-120

    Heatware:beer:

  7. #7
    Member obsolete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    1,118
    Did you turn it off & then turn it back on? Air bubbles could explain the cloudyness, but it would be pretty obvious there are air bubbles so I figured maybe a fluid was left in your loop. Seeing other posts by you in the watercooling section I see that you have a prebuilt kit & such is not likely.

    Turn it off for a bit, then turn it back on.......
    ][H][
    ]-[Hewlett Packard p7-1587c (refurbished even, lol)]-[AMD A8-5500 3.2ghz]-[Generic 8 GB mem]-[Asus Nvidia Geforce GT 630]-[Integrated IDT 92hd73e Beats Audio]-[1 TB 7200 RPM SATA HD]-[PS 300W]-[Samsung 26" LED TV]-[
    -blt

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by covana2244
    are you using a t line? If so you could have to let it run for up to a couple days. Try turning the pump off and see if you can see little air bubbles floating in the water if so you still need to bleed. Try turn the pump on then off a few times, and tipping the whole system at different angles to coax the bubbles out.

    No I am using a res not a t line. What do you mean by bleeding? is that just running it and waiting for air bubbles to go away? OK I will try your method and if all else fails i'll just add some hydrx n call it a day lol

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by obsolete
    Did you turn it off & then turn it back on? Air bubbles could explain the cloudyness, but it would be pretty obvious there are air bubbles so I figured maybe a fluid was left in your loop. Seeing other posts by you in the watercooling section I see that you have a prebuilt kit & such is not likely.

    Turn it off for a bit, then turn it back on.......

    Yea I turned it off and on afew times. I think it might be air bubbbles. There seems to be some spare air in the res or so but im not sure have to check it while i'm @ home

  10. #10
    Member covana2244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    UNK Nebraska
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanD911
    No I am using a res not a t line. What do you mean by bleeding? is that just running it and waiting for air bubbles to go away? OK I will try your method and if all else fails i'll just add some hydrx n call it a day lol
    Make sure you leave the fill cap off of the res so the bubbles have a way to escape the system, make sure you have some towels around it just in case of spill overs. Also try tipping the res to the side while the system is running and fill the res until you can't get anymore liquid in there. Let it run for a few hours and tip it again and try to put more liquid in. The point is the get it as full as possible so there is no room for air in the lines.
    Oh, that is exactly what I mean by bleed.
    Mobo: DFI Lanparty UT 250GB Ram: 1 gig Corsair 2.5cas (2*512) CPU: AMD64 3200+ slot754
    OS: Windows XP Pro SP2, Gentoo STAGE 1!
    CDRW: LiteOn 48x12x48 cdrw DVDRW: OPTORITE DD1203 DVD+-RW DUAL 12x Audio Card: Audigy2 ZS Gamer
    Video Card: ATI Technologies ASUS x800pro 256Meg VIVO Flashed to a x800xtpe!
    Monitor: Hyundia ImageQuest L90D+ Heatsink: XP-120

    Heatware:beer:

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    440
    Oh cool thanks for all of the information! BTW I Found out the source of the nasty tubing. I had put dish washing liquid around the seals when leaktesting last night and it turns out some of it got into the loop. I had to flush everything and unhook everything. Things should be better now tho running another 24 hour marathon leak test this time with hydrx.

  12. #12
    Member covana2244's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    UNK Nebraska
    Posts
    434
    Good luck and have fun.
    Mobo: DFI Lanparty UT 250GB Ram: 1 gig Corsair 2.5cas (2*512) CPU: AMD64 3200+ slot754
    OS: Windows XP Pro SP2, Gentoo STAGE 1!
    CDRW: LiteOn 48x12x48 cdrw DVDRW: OPTORITE DD1203 DVD+-RW DUAL 12x Audio Card: Audigy2 ZS Gamer
    Video Card: ATI Technologies ASUS x800pro 256Meg VIVO Flashed to a x800xtpe!
    Monitor: Hyundia ImageQuest L90D+ Heatsink: XP-120

    Heatware:beer:

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    440
    Thank you. btw how UV reactive is hydrx

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •