Overall Iodine concentration?

What is the total concentration of Iodine that is needed to kill most microbes in my loop?
    Also, will humidifier bacteria control agents work well in water cooling loops?
    Desktop:
    Q6600 G0@3Ghz,eVGA 8800gts,P5k Premium,2x2gb Kingston,120gig Agility 3,Seasonic S12-600HT
    Laptop:
    Toshiba M7(Tablet): T2300, 4gb ram, 160gb seagate
    My Heatware

Iodine, no clue.

I do use humidifier bacteriostat in my loop though. Seems to work. I know a few other people on these forums also use it.

Underwater Senior Member
    10 Year Badge
    To guess, I'd say not much of either is needed. It's a closed loop without much air or fresh water being added, so a little bit gets recirculated over and over.

A vague answer: Not enough to change your water color

10 Year Badge
    5 drops per quart is the recommended amount of 2% USP tincture of iodine to purify clear water for drinking, 10 drops for cloudy looking water. So 10 drops/quart will probably do fine for long term in a closed loop, then you can still drink it in an emergency

Road Warrior
    Folder in disgrace. Folding rigs may be back online eventually, just as soon as real life gives me enough breaks.

Black Belt Ubercloxx0r

"Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous Folders have fallen or may fall into the grip of OCAU and all the odious apparatus of [H]ardOCP rule, we shall not flag or fail."

"We shall go on to the end, we shall fold on the Newcastles, we shall fold on the Northwoods and Prescotts, we shall fold with growing confidence and growing strength on Venice, we shall defend our Forum, whatever the cost may be, we shall fold on the Winchesters, we shall fold on the Bartons, we shall fold on the Applebreds and Thunderbirds, we shall fold on the Coppermines; we shall never surrender!"

Is iodine the best way to go? I started using waterbed algaecide but haven't really run it that long. I figured it works in my waterbed so it should work in the computer, right?