• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ needs a doctor! getting old!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chixofnix

ok ^^

so my 8rda+ has been chugging along for awhile now, and recently (last night), it's developed an... issue

when it's getting through post, it'll display my CPU speed, then sit and think about it for a spell (~4 minutes)... after which it'll finish post and boot nicely.

while it's doing this thinking marathon (?) the diagnostic LED is stuck on "05"

seeing as the manual for this mobo is deep in a bunch of boxes int he back of my closet somewhere, i've tried looking up what step 05 entails online, but i can't find it anywhere! o_0

the motherboardfaqs 8rda+ article lists a few, but i recall once seeing a comprehensive (long!) list of all the codes that could be displayed on the LED display, and what many meant, in layman's terms...

... so does anyone else have that list bookmarked? i did at one point...

or has anyone fixed a similar problem?

thanks ^^
~chix :)

Check the caps, they have a tendency to buldge, and leak, and cause issues with the MB. Not sure what the post code is, but if it was working, and now isn't, Id inspect all the caps.

my 8rda+ manual says the post code 05h is: 1. Blank Out Screen 2. Clear CMOS error flag. Im not really sure what either of those mean unfortunately but that is what is in the manual if you havent dug yours out yet.

thanks for the lookup dj... i'm just as clueless over the manual (most of the manual seems to be engineer-speak translated by someone who doesn't know much about computers :/), but it would seem that those words don't sound terribly threatening...

fishy i recall the ugly pics of leaking caps on the 8rda lines in the past... every time a thread came out i had to re-check to be sure, but i've been safe up till this point... i'll do another double check tonight... (**crosses fingers)

Back