• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Celeron D Chipset Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cubaxp

I have terribles experinces with the compatibilities of the Celeron D CPUs, and my question is:
Which chipsets of Intel, SIS and VIA exactly support this CPU?

Ones That Suport At Least A 533 Bus And Have Atleast 6 Mosfets I Personaly Wouldent Putit On A Mobo That Doesnt Suport A 800 Fsb Cause Those Are Usaly Tougher Mobos AND THE MORE MOSFETS THE BETTER

The i875 chipset is probably your best bet, something like the Abit IC7-G if you are looking at socket 478. The i865 would be the next choice. I would not even consider VIA or SIS chipsets.

well I exactly want to know what chipsets are compatible with the Celeron D, not what's the best chipset for me???

what do you intend to use as other system components? Do you want PCI-E? DDR2? AGP? DDR? and what version of Celeron are you going to put in? the S478 or LGA775 version?

well lets start from the begining... I have a 2.4 Ghz Celeron D and I have tested it on various 845 intel chipsets boards, and it only works on an Intel board model: D845GVSR, and this board have an Intel 845GV chipset... that's why I need to know on what chipsets of the 845 series and SIS works this CPU...???? thanks

it works on the 865 chipset, i have one on the abit AS8 and it works perfectly fine. LGA775 chip though, should be the same for 478

Ok, the i845 chipset is socket 478. The i845 does not officially support the Prescotts. Maybe you can find one that it will work on, but there will be no BIOS updates that truly support it. You really need to step up to the i865/i875 chipsets.

Most motherboards that support prescott cpus, will also support celeron d. Or in most case a bios update will fix the problem.
Thanks

ok, that's all that I need to know, really thanks to all....

Back