• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT VH6 II Gurus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ruse21

I already posted a thread in the gen hardware section but now I'm thinking that may have been the wrong one.

I have an ABIT VH6 II, Cel 667 @ 832, 256 pc150.
Running 83FSB my sys is rock solid. Ran Sisoft for two hours. However, trying to go to 84 or above I get no POST and have to clear the CMOS. I've been told I need to reduce the AGP bus, but cannot find out how. I've rtfm, checked the website and asked everyone I know. Seeing that there are so many VH6 II users here can somebody please guide me? Thanks

Its automatic.
Its 1-1 until about 95mhz then 2/3 to about 120mhz.
Same with the pci bus at 83mhz its 1/2 so 41.5mhz and is pretty high.
Best bet is to just try 100mhz that way everything will be what it should be.

I think Placid hit the mark on his answer, if for some reason you still cant get higher you should definatly make sure sideband is disabled in your registry, I would do this anyway just for good measure it held me back from getting to 160FSB with mine. you can find the info on how to do this in the tips section under Video card performance.

First off let me thank you for the replies. But, I thought it was an automatic setting, thing is, in sisoft, my pci bus is reading 41.5(1/2) but my agp is at 83 just like the fsb.oh and sideband is disabled(according to sandra)

I'm pretty sure if you try for a higher FSB setting that the AGP speed will kick to one half but if you have any one of the GF-2 line of VC's then your AGP speed should not be holding you back as they handle high speeds quite well, i think i'm running mine at 86 with no problems. have you tried to take a bigger jump in FSB? once you trigger the dividers you should be fine maybe up your CV a little as long as your temps are low. Once you hit your first wall its just a matter of time until you figure out your week link and how to overcome it.

Thanks again, I bought(don't laugh) a tnt2 vid card trying to save some money. I guess i'm going to have to repplace it, would a pci vid card be a better idea? I'm pretty sure thats the problem though because I was running the cel 667 @ 832 w/ 83Mhz FSB and I decided to take that out an try a cel 633 that got to 790 w/ a 83Mhz FSB but had the same prob as soon as I went 84Mhz. Colol, guess its back to the parts store! Those guys are gonna be rich!:)

No i would not get a PCI card. Well you said your rock solid at 83 but at 84 you start getting into trouble have you tried higher FSB settings yet? if its to high you will not hurt anything it just wont boot, i'm hoping you will get past the divider's and you will not be taxing your system so hard, check the CPU database and see what others have done with your CPU and what FSB there running, like Placid said try 100FSB that will kick the dividers down and all should be fine but you may have to raise CV to your CPU to get it to run at higher FSB settings.

Thanks for all the help! I finally broke down and bought a better vid card. Now the Cel II 633 is @ 950 W/ a 100mhz FSB. Man, I'm happy.

VH6 Gurus

Ok, please tell there must be more to this than the video board. I was running a cel 600 at 900 for almost a year on a Abit BH6 when I decided to swap out the main board for a VH6-II. The first two days were hell--system very unstable. I backed off to 66 fsb to 600 for a few days until I could sort out all my driver problems.
Now everything is smooth, I try to turn it back up to 900mhz with
100 fsb and nothing doin. This is similiar to your problem in that
I can inch it up to 83 fsb without problem. At 84 fsb the PCI divider
changes from 1/2 to 1/3 and here is where it won't even
post. I know its not the cpu or my TNT2. Again, everything worked
fine on the old system board. I wonder if its some BIOS setting?
Help????

Back