• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would be the better card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am not the ATI expert (nvidia fanboy), but i believe the order is xtpe>xt>pro>xl best to worst.

The X800 XT is the superior card for both overclocking, and for stock performance.

It is however, a more expensive video card. If you decide to buy one over an X800 XL, you also need to make sure that you get your moneys worth, and a card with the more robust 1.6 ns Samsung memory - there have been X800 XTs made with the worse 2.0ns Samsung memory, which is a ripoff for the cost of the cards.

For price:performance, the X800XL is hard to beat at stock speeds. But the 110nm core that the X800XLs use has not yet proven itself to be a strong or consistant overclocker, lowering the card's appeal. The core process appears to still be infantile, and has not been overclocking particularly well in the real-world examples that we have so far (at least at stock voltages, with stock aircooling, to good watercooling).

Ok well I can get a Saphire XT for $439 and I am guessing the AGP XL will be about $360-370. 500mhz core vs 400mhz and 1000mhz ram vs 980mhz. Sounds pretty close but I don't think the XL core will be able to make up the 100mhz. But is it worth the extra $60-100 getting the XT?

its worth the extra cash imho, if you go with the XL you will probably never see 500mhz, if you go with the XT you will definitely see the cash again ;)

infinitevalence said:
There is no AGP XL.

Yes, there is

right here.

May be an All-in-Wonder, but it's still an AGP XL :)
Was $450 when i saw it first about a week and a half ago. Now $409. This is high on my list of possible upgrades after i get my new mobo/cpu/ram set up..

EDIT: I meant to say high on my list after the price drops some, and it has been steadily. At the current price I'd definitely go for the XT though..

gibletzor said:
Yes, there is

right here.

Was $450 when i saw it first about a week and a half ago. Now $409. This is high on my list of possible upgrades after i get my new mobo/cpu/ram set up..

EDIT: I meant to say high on my list after the price drops some, and it has been steadily. At the current price I'd definitely go for the XT though..
i think thats the wrong pic for that card i think that pic is a aiw x800xt but yah agp xls do exist

gibletzor said:
Yes, there is

right here.

ZOMG! THANK YOU!. ive been looking around at the potential of this because i dont want to drop the cash for a new mobo AND gpu all at once <_< all in wonders rule... and agp? awsome.. just... awsome.

Back