• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a A7N8X Deluxe with Ballistix and Corsiar

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

italian78

Registered
What I was wondering if 2 stix of Ballistix 512MB DDR PC3200 • 2-2-2-6 and 1 Stick of Corsiar CMX512-3200LLPRO would work with my system my Mobo A7N8X Deluxe and Athlon XP 3200 +, If not what what would reccomend? Thanks

For one thing if you want to operate in dual channel you a gig of Ballistix ram that matches what you have already. You can use 3 x512, but only 1 gig will be dual channel. In an nf2 board that loss of some dual channel s not that big of a deal. Mixing rams might be a big deal, particularly since nf2 syatems have been known to be picky with ram. You might run into stability issues. I have mixed rams with some success and some failure, but my guess for an nf2 board is it will lead to problems. I really think that a gig of dual channel ram in an nf2 board is fine and there really is no need to push your luck by throwing in the Corsair. Worst case it will be unstable and corrupt your Windows installation. I hope this was helpful. Good luck with it.

I took the Corsair out I am using the 2 stix of Ballistix (1gig) I guess I will just have to get another stick of that Corsair XMS, then dual channel them, I was just testing the Ballistix ram out, Its a friend of mines, Thanks

:welcome:
You are welcome and you are also welcome.
I forgot my official welcome sign. Just make sure you an exact matching stick of Corsair. It can be a little tricky the longer it's been since the first was made as they sometimes change chips or pcb.
Sidenote....I should be Italian7 as my name is seven in Italian.
Good luck with it.

What do you think would perform better one stick of my Corsair or
the two stix of Ballistix ?

That's a good question and it actually has two answers. When it comes to overclocking one stick will usually worl best. It's just plain easier for the memory controller that way. However, for overall performance you are much better off with a gig of ram, plus you get the additional small boost from the dual channel configuration. So, given a chice between the two I would go with the 2 matching sticks in dual channel mode.

Back