• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

high pitch noise coming from Lian-Li V2100 when monitor is on...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pood

so I think I've finally pinpointed where the high pitch noise is coming from....i think

when ever the monitor is on (active, not in sleep mode), i get a high pitched noise coming from my case.

first i thought it was the video card, but when i removed the video card, the sound is still emitting.

from what i can tell, its coming from the front of the case.

it cant possibily be the cd roms drives? ive used them in my old case without any problems.

im thinking its the PC speakers (one attached to the case), but when I disconnected it, the sound is still there.

it's coming from the front on the case, ONLY when the monitor is on...so what could it be?

if it ends up being the pc speakers, will I need to replace it?

Are you sure it's not the monitor itself? CRTs are known to let out high pitched squeels when they get older. Try your monitor with a different computer, and see if the noise continues.

ZachM said:
Are you sure it's not the monitor itself? CRTs are known to let out high pitched squeels when they get older. Try your monitor with a different computer, and see if the noise continues.

no, its definetly from the case.

ive got another comp connected to it, and when that one is running = no noise

YUP!

okay, so I brought my comp home for spring break, and with my old sony monitor, no sound!

so, now, how am i suppose ot fix something like this?

maybe it is like a beeping noise comeing from the system speaker in your case? maybe there is an error or something.. is it a beep sequence?

EvilCloudStrife said:
maybe it is like a beeping noise comeing from the system speaker in your case? maybe there is an error or something.. is it a beep sequence?

nope

constant whiny high pitched noise

right now with my old sony crt, no problem...

running Prim95 right now over night to see how stable it is.

Back