• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI Ultra D $137!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Super Nade said:
Are you saying these are not moddable?

As of a few days ago i read somewhere in the forums that the one's shipping from newegg are still convertable but not for too much longer because DFI started shipping the newer NON-convertable boards. We'll see. I dont have plans anytime soon to go SLI and by the time i do the Legit one's will be cheeper and the bugs will be worked out.

Super Nade said:
Are you saying these are not moddable?

it is a crapshoot, you can take the chance and if it works you have saved some cash, or spend $40 bux more to buy the GB SLI deluxe board and you get DPS and wifi g card and the SLI bridge and a very solid board that posts results as good as the DFI. Check chiefvalue.com out

Personally would you not be choked after buyng the DFI and the mod does not work? Plus you gonna have to search hi and low for a bridge and spend unnecessay wasted time to try to get it to work in SLI and it may never?

For $154 shipped you can get the GB that is SLI but stripped down a bit no DSP/wifi g or Sata II support but at least you know you can go SLI right off the bat if you want.

I was tempted to try the DFI mod but instead will buy a used A8N or the GB board soon as I find used. I am not trying to rain on anyones parade as I know we all like to tinker but if the mod does not work you will likely want to sell the board and therfore take a loss of some cash for the attempt. If you have no problems with that then go for it

CK

Last edited:
Well, the thing is I'm not going to go SLI any time soon. I would like to attempt the mod just for the heck of it. After all a failed mod doesn't mean I end up with a dead board, right? I'm going with DFI because of the attractive voltage options and the great number of modded BIOS'es which will be available.

CK, thanks for your opinion on GB, those results at chiefvalue look really good.

To me it will be a plus if it works but i wont be heart broken if it doesnt. I have my everyday rig then my gaming/benching rig and i go thru a lot of mobo's with that one, To pay for this one im selling my DFI 250gb/2800+ to a bro of mine. The Neo2 in my sig will go either into backup duty or my everyday rig.

The GB is available for refurb on newegg, problem is I wonder if you are guaranteed to receive the SLI bridge. $142 for the GB SLI Deluxe board quite a good price if you luck out and get the accessories with it, if not pass on it

I am calling Monday to inquire about bridge.

CK

Last edited:
Back