• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CS Souce Video Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

theNextGamer

screenshot of game

Ive been getting this as of late and it seems sometimes my game likes to lock up for 5-10seconds as well while gaming. after i reboot it seems to be allright but it eventually starts doing it again.

I have a 2.8 with a bfg 6800gt and 1gig of ocz 3200 and a generic psu.

i keep my fps capped to 75 cause my monitor only has like a 60 refresh rate.

i really didnt know which forum to post this under so i hope i got this right.

any help ? plz :shrug:

thanks

theNextGamer said:
oh, allright, thanks for movin it to the proper spot .

and thanks for the welcome.
LCD? bad pixels. Doesn't look like the normal artifact. Strange to be all on that general area.

how many watts is your psu? Also what are your amps on all the rails? this could be part of your problem. a quality psu is one of the most overlooked parts in a system.
looks like a monitor issue though. Have you tested on a different monitor??
If not I would test the video card in another comp.
good luck
-kkat

would dead pixels show up in a screenshot taken from in game ?

i dont think thats it, i get those pixels on all different parts of my screen.

and i only get it while playing high graphic games.

Last edited:
theNextGamer said:
would dead pixels show up in a screenshot taken from in game ?

i dont think thats it, i get those pixels on all different parts of my screen.
*laughes* your right! :rolleyes:

hmm well i play that game alot and i would first open up your nvidia control panel and change some settings to raise the image quality (4x antialiasing and 8x anistrophic filtering and mipmap detail set to triliniar) because that could cause some trouble and also after gaming for about 20 minutes quit and quickly open up your control panel to see your video card temperatures and tell us what they are.

According to temperature settings

85C - GPU Core
59C - Ambient

After about a 45minute scrim and then reading the post and some pubbing.

Oh and Im using a CRT to.

Last edited:
whoa that looks a little hot to me but im not familiar with that card, with most nvidias u wanna keep em under 60c but the main thing is that your ambient is very high what kind of airflow do u have in the case?

i called BFG and they said to download Everest and check my psu make sure i was getting a full 12v and i ran it and i was getting 11.80 :/

is that really that low enough to cause the problem ?

yes, yes it is very low
that would almost sure be it
and your temps arent too good, is your PSU a brand name?
whats the exact psu?
thos volts arent very good...

Eh...

#1, check your 12v line with a multimeter, Ive given up with onboard sensors. Even 400$+ dually boards tend to have crappy onboard voltage readings.

#2, this only happening in CS? That should be the first thing anyone checks/asks. Does it happen in HL2 SP?

The first thing that reminded me of was a weird net_graph output, and you are using net_graph. Maybe you have a hosed DLL or something...

Back