• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

>HyperlogiK<

I just got a Toshiba 4070CDS for free. It has a 366Mhz Dixon core Celeron.
The FSB should be 66Mhz, but it is running at 33Mhz so the machine is just clocking at 185Mhz. There does not seem to be an accessible BIOS, all the boot settings are accessed via software within Windows, but there are no FSB/Multi controls or anything like that. Any ideas on how to get it running at full speed? There doesn't seem to be a version of clockgen ghost that supports the mobo/CPU.

no bios??? Well I have limited experience in the old p2 days but I don't think I've ever heard of no Basic Input/Output System installed......

have your tried all the usuall keys... F2, esc, del... I think you should keep trying different key combinations... try multiple key combinations like ctrl-alt-esc and such...

that's totally weird... Ive never heard of that...

ah, it was esc but you had to hold it down when you pressed the power switch. Thanks 4 the suggestion (i think i'm logged in as my brother here). All sorted now, and i've overclocked the graphics core from 83.5 Mhz to a whopping 115 Mhz :)

Back