• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any problems with Abit VH6T?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Octoman

I am getting a new board for my P3850 and I wanted simething that would have a little bit of CPU upgradeability built in. So i thought that the VH6T would be a good choice. I have had very good experience with my VH6 (going to GFs house.) However, I read in the abit newsgroup alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit that a few people were getting unexplained lock ups after a period of 50 to 60 minutes of inactivity(no mouse movement or keyboard input.) They said that they just had to reboot and everything was ok. I wanted to know if anyone else has anything good or bad to say about them. Thanks for the input.

Octoman said:
. I wanted to know if anyone else has anything good or bad to say about them. Thanks for the input.

Surely Pinky will jump in on this. He has this board. Many of us run its little sister, VH6-2 (same board but with no Tualatin support). With this board, I've never had the problem you mention. And it's usually on for several days at a stretch.

Another one to consider would be the Asus TUSL2 (I think that's the right model number). Same as the CUSL2, but also supports Tualatin. The Abit is an excellent board, though.

I ahd that problem when I 1st set up mt VH6-T it was the soundblaster live value and I disabled the SBs legacy support in windows and disabled dma channels 1 and 3 in the bios and never had any other problems.

If you do not have any plans at all to go to a Tualatin cpu the VH6-II is a better choice for extreme overclocking because you can get a higher cpu vcore if you vidpin the cpu.

If 1.825-1.85 vcore is plenty then the VH6-T will do that.

They are the same board except for the intel 8.5 voltage circuit and fc pga-2 cpu socket.

Back