Registered

Power Fan connector

Hi there,
    I have a Northq 4100 and it is pretty good looking and silent.
    Now I bought a mobo Asus P5AD2 E-Premium and this is a stupid question but well. The mobo has a power fan connector which I suppose is to monitor the PSU fan speed??
    Is this correct? if yes, then my nice PSU has no power fan connector? is there a way of safely getting one myself?
    thanks for the patience with this newbee

some powersupplies have a 3-pin fan connector that comes out with the other wires. it only has the 1 RPM wire for monitoring fan speeds. you dont need it, and the only thing its good for is seeing what the PSU fans are running at, you can't change them or anything.

its not worth attempting to put in a wire.

Senior Delta Fanatic Electron Chaser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zip22
    some powersupplies have a 3-pin fan connector that comes out with the other wires. it only has the 1 RPM wire for monitoring fan speeds. you dont need it, and the only thing its good for is seeing what the PSU fans are running at, you can't change them or anything.

its not worth attempting to put in a wire.
    Agreed!!! not worth the time and effort.
    I am the Senior Omega of the Delta ... Fan Users :burn:
    Custom 48" X 24" X 12" Case- Abit IC7-MAX3 - Pentium 4 3.4 EE @ 4.2 |Mach II Phase Cooled
    BFG 6800 Ultra @ 470 | NV-68 Water Cooled -1.5 GB PQI PC4400 -1 KW PCP&C -
    2 X Raptor 150GB RAID 0 , 2 74GB Raptor RAID 1, 1 36GB Raptor, 1 250GB WD SATA
    BIX3 w/ 3 GFB1212VHW Fans (660 CFM Total) -Case Fans 5 EFB1212SHE (710 CFM Total)
    MB / RAM Cooler 2 TFB1212GHE (440 CFM Total)

:cool: 1800+ CFM of Pure Delta Coolness :cool:
    Someone Help you out? Post a Thank you here. Project Denali Heat